Area 419 is always looking for ways to improve existing products when we are not developing new technologies. With the rapid growth in popularity of ARCA rails in precision rifle, we saw a need to improve this great dovetail technology to something that could be mechanically locked in place instead of just friction. If you have ever tried using a Barricade stop on an existing ARCA rail, you’ve probably also seen it slide under much pressure.
Introducing the ARCALOCK Dovetail Rail System
- Proprietary two-stage screw design.
- Clamping screw features two different thread pitches. The coarse 16tpi is used when no tension is on clamp, allowing rapid movement of the clamp vs others on the market. With high speed comes low torque though, so to counteract this as soon as the clamp sees tension it will switch to the 32tpi threads in the knob to give you extra torque when not using on an ARCALOCK rail.
- 1/4 Turn releases the clamp from the detents on the ARCALOCK rail for movement
- One Turn releases clamp to be removed from rail
- Clamp directly bolts to Atlas Bipods using their factory hardware (excluding the 2-screw bipods. QD and NC only)
- Barricade stop can either be standalone on the clamp using provided hardware, or sandwiched between an Atlas bipod. *Barricade stop does not work with Harris Bipods*
- Harris Bipod adapter available immediately, find it here:
- Future plans for a Picatinny rail section that can be bolted to the clamp for use with other bipods.
- Clamp is backwards compatible with standard ARCA rails by removing the two pins, and will still work this way to give you infinite sliding adjustment on the ARCALOCK rail.
- Moving side of clamp is dovetailed on both sides to prevent tilt
- Knob/Screw design prevents the clamp from being able to fall apart if you loosen it too far
- Clamp and knob machined in house from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Screw is turned from 303 Stainless Steel
- Type III Hardcoat Black anodized clamp and Gold anodized knob
- Clamp Weight: 72.5 Grams